Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Dear Logan pet owners:

Dear people who don't follow local animal ordinances:

It is not my fault that your dog runs up and gets itself bit by my dog. **My dog was on a leash, yours was not.** These laws are for your pet's safety and for the safety of other people and their pets, they were not written to annoy you and make more work for you. Grow up, learn some responsibility, obey the laws and stop blaming other people for your lack of compliance with the law.

Logan law states that all dogs must be on a leash or chain when not in a contained yard or home. It also states that when outside on a leash or chain your animal must be supervised at ALL times...not just when you feel like it.

Cats don't need these requirments because cats are smart enough to run away from an 80 pound dog, whether it looks friendly or not.

PS - I will NOT apologize for kicking and screaming at your dog. My actions saved your dog's life. I wouldn't have had to do that if you had taken some responsibility for your animal in the first place. You are lucky I risked my fingers by prying my dogs jaws off your dog's neck.

No comments: