Friday, May 27, 2011

Do you ever...

Do you ever get excited about a long weekend and the prospect of spending 4 straight days away from your place of employment...only to feel a major let down when you realise you will spend it cleaning, doing yard work and household chores (probably in the rain)? Trading one work for another work, awesome. Why is it that I clean and yet my house is never clean?

It never ends and you end up with one of 2 scenarios. #1 - You go and relax and have fun and generally ignore the work stuff and enjoy the weekend, but come home to a dirty house and a to-do list as long as your arm. #2 - You spend all weekend cleaning, fixing, gardening, and working, have no fun and find that you have to do it all over again the next weekend.

This is infinitely depressing to me.

2 comments:

Abby said...

We have a toddler and two dogs. I could clean all day everyday and my house would still be messy.

I try to do my cleaning during the week so that I can enjoy the weekends. It doesn't always happen but I do my best.

I stalk your blog, by the way. I'm Abby, Mike's cousin- his favorite cousin. Hopefully I will get to meet you at the family reunion in July!

nachista said...

Hi Abby, Mike and Trina have told me about you. I know what you mean about cleaning, we've got 2 dogs, 2 chinchillas, and Mike and I both work a lot. Even when I clean through the week it is still filthy when Saturday rolls around.

Thanks for telling me about the reunion in July, I wasn't aware of it. I will have to ask Trina for the details. I hope we can come!