Tuesday, July 12, 2011

SHATTER!

If you can't tell by my nail polish caddy post, I LOVE OPI! It is what we used when I was working in a salon doing pedicures and it is fantastic. I have bottles of OPI that I've owned for 10 years and they go on as smooth as the day I bought them.

How do I love OPI? Let me count the ways...the enormous variety of textures, finishes and colors, the high quality lacquer that lasts forever in the bottle and longer than normal on your nails, the cheeky names, the pro style brushes that make painting your nail a snap, the wide variety of extra products like drip dry that complete the nail painting process.

OPIOPIOPIOPIOPIOPIOPIOPIOPIOPIOPIOPIOPIOPI

OPI freaking rocks and now they rock hard core. Their new line is here and it is very cool. Meet "Shatter".



To create this look you paint 2 coats of regular nail polish and let it dry completely. Put one very light coat of the Shatter color you want over it and let it dry for a couple minutes, as it dries it will shrink to make it look crackled. Finish with a clear top coat and you're done!

This is what black Shatter looks like over a lilac polish (please ignore my nasty feet that have been in boots all day)



I used silver shattered over a jewel toned green and it worked OK, but part of the problem with this one is that I didn't not let the green dry enough before I put on the Shatter.





Shatter comes in variety colors and is available wherever OPI is sold. For more information on OPI products visit their website http://www.opi.com/

PS - If anyone in the Cache Valley area can find me a bottle of "Mermaid's Tears" from their Pirates Of The Caribbean collection I would be eternally grateful, it is sold out at the 4 places that I know that carry this brand.

No comments: