Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Memories



For some reason this song reminds me of my grandma Margaret. She is my inspiration. She wasn't rich or famous, she didn't save lives, change the world, or cure cancer. She raised her son with the help of her family after her husband left just after the baby was born. Margaret never remarried, she never moved out of the home she was born and raised in, she never traveled. She worked without complaint until the week before she died at the age of 89. She served her family, friends, and neighbors. She patiently, quietly and lovingly persevered with grace through everything life could throw at her, right up until the very end.

Poets, musicians, and Hallmark always seem to say these things better than I can express. But at the end of the day when all is said and done, I love her and miss her more than I can say.

















No comments: