Sunday, November 27, 2011

Hairstyle Post - Guys come back tomorrow for something less girly

So my lovely friend Tracy Pace always tells me about the most interesting foods, ideas, styles, hobbies, videos, and generally cool stuff. Thanks Tracy! Seriously everyone should have a friend like Tracy.

She clued me in to this Babble blog called The New Home Ec:

http://blogs.babble.com/the-new-home-ec/

In particular this blog post:

http://blogs.babble.com/the-new-home-ec/2011/09/06/3-hair-videos-that-changed-my-morning-routine/

And to put an even finer point on it, this video:



I tried this method, exactly as she explained it in the video and it came out great the very first time. It gives you a fun and bouncy 1940s style (retro but not costumey) and I love that you don't have to ruin your hair by heat styling it! The video is approximately 13 minutes long, it only takes me about 5 minutes to put my hair up in the hairband.

It really is comfortable to sleep in and I've gone out in public with my hair up in the band and I got compliments about it. Come on now, how many compliments would I have received if I'd gone out with pink foam curlers in my hair? I think my favorite thing about this style is that it works really well with some of my vintage hats.

Try it and let me know how it works out.

No comments: