Sunday, November 13, 2011

Last Saturday

Last Saturday my husband and I drove down to Saratoga Springs to visit my brother Rob and his wife Stacey and see the new home they built. The REAL reason we went was so the boys could go shoot trap and a great place that Rob discovered a few weeks ago, The Provo Gun Club.



Since it was the coldest day of the year to date, Stacey and I watched the men from the relative warmth of the SUV. They were supposed to be on the box right front of where we had parked, but at the last minute the moved them to the farthest section from us. We really enjoyed watching a young boy who's gun was taller than he was, school everyone on his box, hitting nearly every single clay. I snapped this photo as we were leaving. Since I know Rob and Mike don't like having their photos taken I didn't take any of them, these are some of the other folks that were shooting trap that day.



It was overcast and dreary but the view was still beautiful, I can only imagine how great it will be on a warm, sunny summer day. You are high up on the mountain over looking Provo Canyon and you can see out of the canyon, across Utah Lake, and to the mountains beyond.



We had kenneled the dogs in Rob and Stacey's garage and when we got back Annie was anxious to get out and go home. So anxious she was giving us the evil laser eye of death.



It was a great way to spend a Saturday and I can't wait to go back in the spring when the weather is nice and shoot with the boys if it means I will totally embarrass myself.

No comments: