Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Just call me Mrs. Ebeneezer R. Grinch

This is my Bah Humbug post this year. The non-stop holiday music drilling into my brain all day, every work day is destroying what little patience I had. So today, this is my angry music therapy. I will be more cheerful in future posts.

WARNING: Don't listen if you are easily offended or just love Christmas "SO MUCH!". But if you sometimes feel like the only Scrooge in a room full of holiday addicts this song is for you, if like me the holiday stress is getting to you, if you need to take your frustrations out...turn the speakers up and dance like an eejit.



False holiday cheer is the reason why I feel like I should spend December mainlining prozac. Please don't try to cheer me up. Don't do nice things for me. Don't ask "Is everything O.K.?". I am just venting a little and I'll be fine...as long as someone doesn't hand me a candy cane and expect me to be little Cindy Lou Who.

1 comment:

Abby (Diligent Joy) said...

I like Christmas but I don't "LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE" it. I like getting together with people and choosing gifts for my family but everything else- the overspending, the constant music (which is mostly terrible), and the out of control decorating is just too much for me. What happened to a simple Christmas tree? Do I have to put up three trees in order to be considered festive? Even if, it's not going to happen.

Thanks for the book suggestion, by the way. I've been looking for another addicting series and am planning on picking that one up with my yearly bookstore gift card stocking stuffer (my mother-in-law knows me too well).