Friday, December 09, 2011

To the person who wrote the nasty anonymous email...

Someone sent an anonymous nasty email to me about my blog. They said I was talentless and that I stole everyone's ideas without giving credit, all so I could make a lot of money with advertising. This makes me laugh, hard.

This person created a disposable gmail account and evidently shut it down after they sent their email because my response was bounced back to me as undeliverable. Chances are this person is still reading this blog. Internet trolls that flame other people generally like to lurk so they have even more to complain about. They like to think they are digging dirt on people, it somehow makes them feel powerful in their sad pathetic little lives. So...

Dear Cowardly Flame Throwing Internet Troll:

To steal a line from my friend Cordelia, you have poked The Dragon.

I have had adsense ads on my blog since I started it 4 years ago, in that time I've made exactly $1.64...they won't even cut you a check until you make at least $10. Adsense is the only paid advertising I've ever had on my blog. I have never had any paid sponsors and I have never been given any items for "promotional consideration" and I have never been paid to post any content.

So I have exactly ZERO dollars in my pocket from this blog. That means I've earned approximately $0.0011 per day. On average my events posts take about an hour to compile and edit. Other posts range in time from 10 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the subject matter. If you average it out that equals about an hour a day. Who do you know would work at a job where they paid you 1/10th of a penny per hour. I Have on average 60 hits a day, but it doesn't pay based on site hits, it pays based on people physically clicking on the advertisements. You don't want to put money in my pocket? Don't click on the ads, it is as simple as that.

Yep, I'm totally making bank on this project, I may buy a private island and retire. I actually have nothing against people who make money on their blogs. In fact I say more power to them. If I could find a fantastic world wide niche to fill that would attract thousands of adoring fans and make me money, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I don't. So to the Kandi Johnson's, Ree Drummond's, and Helene Dujardin's of the world, I salute you.

I write this blog for myself first and for my friends and family second. This blog was started as an experiment in creative internet expression and as an outlet for all my weirdness, likes, dislikes, etc. Anyone else that wants to check it out...great, be my guest, but it isn't created with them in mind. You don't like it? Don't read it, there are millions more out there, find one you do like. Maybe one about being a creeper might suit you.

I'm not a professional writer, critic, artist, cook, photographer, crafter, stylist, or anyone else that has the skills and the marketing know-how to make funds off of a blog. I have no motivation other than to use it as a creative outlet and share with my loved ones the results (often epic fails). It is fun for me and it is a way of sharing funny things I've found, cool things I've tried, great ideas that have been shared with me, mistakes I've made, and expressing my opinion.

As to the "stealing" ideas, when I know where an idea comes from I try to give all credit due. If it is from someone who isn't in the public eye, I try to credit them without divulging personal details they might not want on the internet. If it is from a professional site, I link to it. If it is common knowledge, then I say so. Please share with me exactly what you think was stolen and where you think it came from originally. If I forgot to give credit where credit is due, I WANT to rectify the situation and properly acknowledge someone else's achievements. I have never intentionally withheld credit and tried to claim someone else's work as my own.

I deal with enough garbage on a daily basis in the real world at my jobs (yes multiple, I work my butt off to scrape by). I don't need your pointless negativity over what you perceive to be my shameless money grubbing profiteering in a space that I have created for myself and like minded people.

Take your baseless accusations and your twisted motivations and shove them where the sun don't shine...because that is where they belong. Heck, why don't you start a blog about it, you could call it Anonymous Den Of Lies, post photos of me with horns drawn on my head, have a ball. Grow up, get a life, get an education, get a backbone. When you call someone out, get your facts straight first and then have the intestinal fortitude to use your real name and give them a chance for rebuttal. After I am done writing this post I will not give you any more of the attention you so desperately crave, I will never acknowledge emails like this again. I am done with the trolls, their trash will be deleted on sight and it will never see the light of day here.

Sincerely,
Suzanne (nachista) who has nothing to hide and will not apologize for being herself.

P.S. - Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

No comments: