Friday, February 17, 2012

Coincidence?

Dear Readers,

Please let me know if you think this is coincidence, or if I'm just so good that I've scooped the local paper twice in one week. (That was self-depricating sarcasm by the way, someone REALLY needs to invent or designate a sarcasm font).

Saturday, February 11th I posted here on this blog about Herm's Inn, a new restaurant here in Logan that is set to open soon. Wednesday, February 15th the Herald Journal ran this story about Herm's Inn...

http://news.hjnews.com/news/article_3b4e9abc-5776-11e1-9716-0019bb2963f4.html

Then Sunday, February 12th I posted here about the "Be Kinder Than Necessary" billboard that is on the street near Horlacher's Meats, across from A&W. Today This shows up on the Herald Journal's website...

http://news.hjnews.com/opinion/article_7ed41796-58ff-11e1-bb6b-0019bb2963f4.html

My daily hits range anywhere from 90 to 200 hits in a day, they average out around 120 daily. Not a huge following but not too shabby either. The problem is that I can see referring sights, like if someone searches google and finds my blog that way, but I can't see exactly who is reading so I have no way of knowing whether or not someone from the paper really is reading my blog, borrowing my ideas, and then putting them in the paper without citing my blog...or if it really is just a big funny coincidence.

It could be a coincidence...except this isn't the first or second time this has happened. The first couple times I laughed it off. But now I'm getting a little paranoid. What do you think?

If the Herald Journal really is reading this little local blog, please give credit where credit is due; I do this for free...you write your paper to make money selling advertising space and selling subscriptions. If it really is pure coincidence then I apologize for even bringing it up.

No comments: