Monday, July 02, 2012

Back from L.A.

We made it to Los Angeles and back in one piece. 

It was a full weekend that included a trip to Universal Studios, the sites on Hollywood blvd (people watching is the best free activity in that town), hanging out with our fabulous hosts Sandee and Scott of Andrews Powdercoating http://www.powdercoater.com/, the Santa Monica farmer's market, the beach in Santa Monica, War Horse at the Ahmanson (much better than the movie, sorry Steven Spielberg), an accidental tour of skid row, concert and fireworks at Santa Monica College, the science center and rose garden at USC, and the beach at Manhattan Beach before heading home. 

Unfortunately I wasn't able to go to the USC Warner Brothers film archives like I had planned but hopefully I'll get to do that on another trip if I make it back to California any time soon.  I don't have any photos to post because my point and shoot digital is dead and my phone takes lousy quality photos.  We did have my niece's camera and hopefully I'll be able to get copies of those photos and post them here.

Now we are back home and back to work.  It is looking like another long, dry, hot summer.  The USU stadium fireworks with the band Kansas is going to be tomorrow and the Cache Valley Cruise In is also happening this wee, it should be a busy and fun holiday week.  Please stay safe and keep fire safety in mind during your celebrations, there are too many wildfires burning here in Utah and around the country, please don't be responsible for starting any more.

No comments: