Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Bring back the sunshine

The winter dark is getting to me this week.  It has been warping my sense of time and making me feel ready for bed at 8pm.  Instead of improving my mind by reading, volunteering, watching a meaningful documentary, or at the very least folding the laundry Jaba the hut that is lurking in my bedroom, I have been sorting through photos taken earlier this year.  Yeah these aren't making me miss summer at all.

These don't make me miss taking my nieces and nephews for rides in my dad's old cars, at all.

 
These don't make me miss hanging out in my parents yard on Sunday evenings, at all.


These don't make me miss hiking in the canyon, at all.


These don't make me miss 4th of July weekend in California, at all.



And this beauty doesn't make me miss hanging out with friends on the patio at Cafe Sabor, at all.



And if you believe all that I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn.  The weathermen better be wrong about the long term winter forecast, because the only thing that is going to save my sanity this winter is snow...lots and lots of snow.  If I'm too tired from skiing, snowshoeing, and ice skating then I won't mind it getting dark before I leave work every night.  If you don't see me for a while, come to my house, break down the door, and rescue me from laundry Jaba, because the world isn't ready for me in a gold bikini, trust me on that.

No comments: