Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Good Times

While I was driving home on my lunch break I passed a little red Honda Prelude, the version with the pop up headlights and the sunroof, it was exactly like one my father used to own.  I did a double take when I spotted it because I don't see many of them around these days. 

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, here is a photo of one that I found on Craig's List


The thing was kind of a death trap, but it was a lot of fun to drive and in all fairness it wasn't quite as dangerous as the kit car he built (I still refuse to drive that thing).

Seeing it reminded me of dragging main street in that car with my friends when I was in high school.  It also reminded me of sneaking out late at night on the first snowy evening of the season (before dad had a chance put on the studded snow tires) and spinning donuts in the church parking lot.

I've been smiling for an hour and a half straight now, good times y'all.

No comments: