Sunday, November 11, 2012

Veterans Day

Every year I try to think of some other way to express my gratitude to the men and women who have served in our armed forces.  And every year I find that my words fail to convey the depth of my feeling, but I always find someone else's sentiments that fit the bill.  This year I found this poem on the War Horse play facebook page.

Fading away like the stars in the morning
Losing their light in the glorious sun
Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling
Only remembered for what we have done
Only the truth in the fife we have spoken
Only the seed that in life we have sown
These shall pass onwards when we are forgotten
Only remembered for what we have done

Who'll sing the anthem and who'll tell the story

Will the line hold will it scatter and run
Shall we at last be united in glory
Only remembered for what we have done
If you serve or have served in the military, THANK YOU!  If your loved ones serve or have served in the military, THANK YOU!  If you have lost someone in the service of our country my heart and thoughts go out to you today and I know it isn't enough but I would still like to say, THANK YOU!

No comments: