Thursday, December 27, 2012

The little storm that could

UPDATE: It is now Friday and it is still snowing and I still wish I could be home baking.  I miss the sun.

This snow storm just doesn't stop.  It never reached full blown blizzard status, it just quietly and slowly keeps dropping snow on us.  Which is fine by me, we need the moisture, but It's been a little over 2 days since I've seen the sun so I'm hoping for a break soon.

Here, let me show you what the weather is doing right now.  Check out this live webcam on the library at USU:

http://www.usu.edu/webcams/index.cfm?webcam=2

I love this weather when I can stay home and clean or cook or just curl up with a book, but today is not that day, tomorrow isn't either.  Watching the snow falling outside my window makes me want to make this:


and these:


and this:


and these:


and this:


and these, sorry forgot to take a photo when I made them for the Bluebird Coffee Club guys...and that's exactly why I should stay home and bake all day.  Will someone call and tell my boss that?

What is your favorite thing to do on a snowy day?  What are your favorite stormy weather comfort foods?  I'm actually in the mood for pierogis as well, does anyone want to come over on Saturday and help me make a couple batches and take half home as a reward?

No comments: