Friday, December 14, 2012

Thoughts on today's news - Newtown Shooting

It was sickening and senseless.  The holiday season makes this horrific occurrence even more tragic.  Christmas should be a time of love, charity, and hope...especially for children.  There is nothing I can say that hasn't been said or felt about the Sandy Hook Elementary School mass shooting today.  So while my words can't ease the pain or make sense of the sadness, I would like to share something.  This video tells the abbreviated story of the writing one of my favorite carols "I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day".  Please watch the whole piece, the peace it brings is almost palpable.



For the whole story please read this book.  It moves me to tears every time, it's message of hope is beautiful and reassuring.

No comments: