Sunday, December 30, 2012

Washing Machine Ice Cream Night 2012

I had some of my nieces and nephews over last night and we made washing machine ice cream.  For flavors I just pulled out what I had in my cupboards or fridge that might make good ice cream: candy, nuts, marshmallows, ice cream toppings (hot fudge, caramel, cherries), peanut butter, jams, extracts (lemon, orange, vanilla, almond, peppermint), graham cracker cereal, oreos, chocolate chip cookie dough, chocolate chips, toffee chips, nutella.  I totally forgot about it, but I should have gotten a bottle of peaches from my food storage as well.

This is a list of the flavor combinations that the kids made:
  • Mint chocolate chip
  • Cookie dough fudge
  • Oreo marshmallow
  • Cookie dough nutella
  • Oreo nutella (apparently this is "a little yucky but I still eated it")
  • Cookie dough toffee
  • Cookie dough caramel
  • Chocolate marshmallow
  • Cookie dough toffee caramel
  • Toffee chip caramel fudge
  • Toffee chip caramel
  • Rocky road
My three year old nephew enjoyed watching the washing machine at work, in fact he spent more time in the laundry room than in the living room watching the movie we had on.

I took a few photos with the new camera, testing out a couple different settings.

Some of the kids enjoying their personalized ice cream.
Everyone hanging out and watching the movie.
Leftovers, ready to take home.
I can't wait for my 50mm f/1.4 prime to get here.  I had a couple prime lenses for my canon film SLR but when I quit shooting with my film cameras I sold the good lenses on ebay along with a lot of my medium format gear.  Now, of course, I am kicking myself.  I did manage to find this lens at $125 under Canon MSPR, with no tax, and free shipping.  Good glass can be really expensive but there are bargains if you know where to look.  I'm trying not to be "camera poor" but after looking at my indoor flash photos I am definitely investing in a good bounce flash in the very near future.


No comments: