Thursday, January 03, 2013

Keep Me Honest, OK?

My friend A. invited me to join a biggest loser type weight loss challenge she was putting together.  I have never made the NYE weight loss resolution and didn't this year but I joined  because I need motivation.  This is our little club:







Today was my first weigh in.  We are weighing in on the first week and the last week.  Technically the only person we have to show our weigh ins to is A., but I decided to up the ante and show it to the world...or all 5 people who visit this blog, don't you feel lucky?  So here is my first weigh in:


Instead of just the first and last weigh in, I am going to weigh in every week at the same time and post it here, knowing strangers will see my weight is pretty good motivation.  We are also challenged to drink a lot of water every day (as in half our body weight in ounces up to 100oz) and to work out at least 20 minutes per day.  There is a points system set up and prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, as well as a penalty for not losing at least 3% (4.8 lbs for me) or for gaining weight.

Honestly I don't care if I win, I am just using this as motivation to start working out again.  Especially since now that we've reached subzero temperatures all I want to do is put on sweats and stay in bed all day.  I got my first work out in tonight, Zumba at the Logan Rec Center $2 per class or $20 for a monthly unlimited class pass (I'm thinking of buying a year pass for myself).  While I was there I noticed that next week they are having their annual Free Week, so stop in and try out some of their classes.

No comments: