Monday, January 07, 2013

New Lens

The lens I ordered has finally arrived.  It was waiting by the front door when I got home from work, but I had two clients tonight and didn't get to take it out of the box until a few minutes ago.

Molly the wonder dog posed patiently for about 5 minutes.  She is now trying to hide behind the rocking chair in the living room, with her head wedged under the seat.  I think it is safe to say that she is done being chased by her own personal paparazzo.

Observations about the lens: wicked bokeh, which is also wicked hard to control in low light...BUT...it gave me an additional 2 full stops so that I can take low light portraits without a flash.

These photos were taken in my library, which is lit by 2 compact flourescent bulbs, at 9:30pm so there was no natural light in the room.


Now I just need to get some editing software on my desktop.  I have been using just the basic editing function in Microsoft Office 2010.  I have Corel Paint Shop Pro X on my laptop, but that thing is dying a painfully slow death.

1 comment:

slimegreen said...

Great shots. What a cute dog!