Friday, January 11, 2013

The Library, Who Knew?

If you know me, or if you've read this blog for a while, you know that I love books, and movies, and libraries.  Our local library is particularly awesome and it has started hosting 2 great activities that you might not normally associate with libraries.

One of my favorite free summer activities is going to movies in the park with my nieces and nephews.  Wintertime puts the kibosh on movies in the park, but there is an alternative.  The Logan Library is hosting a free movie night every Monday at 6:30pm in the Jim Bridger room.  My favorite word in that sentence is FREE, not only are the movies free but the library is also providing free popcorn.  All movies are family friendly and rated G or PG or PG-13 (except for films that were release prior to the MPAA rating system going into effect in the late 60s).

The library is located at 255 N Main St, Logan, UT.  For more information about movie night call them at 435.716.9123.  Here's a list of upcoming movies.

January 14: Brave (PG)

January 21: No Movie - Martin Luther King Day - Library Closed

January 28: Groundhog Day (PG)

February 4: The Lucky One (PG-13)

February 11: Up (PG)

February 18: No Movie - President's Day - Library Closed

February 25: Cool Runnings (PG)

March 4: Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone (PG)

March 11: Wreck-It Ralph (PG)

March 18: The Quiet Man (NR)

March 25: RV (PG)
Is movie night not your thing?  How about dancing?  OK, so you like dancing (Good, we can still be friends.  You had me worried there with your disdain for movie night, but all is right in the world again.), then you should check out Logan Library's free community line dancing night. 

Please don't pretend you're too cool for line dancing.  We all know your dance moves are not nearly as awesome as mine (as evidenced by my totally ruling at the dance video game my brother brought to the house for our Christmas entertainment) and I am definitely not too cool for line dancing.

The Logan Library hosts a free line dancing night every third Wednesday of the month.  The dancing takes place in the Bonneville room from 7:30pm to 8:30pm.  It is free and open to the public.

1 comment:

slimegreen said...

So cool! I grew up in a town with an awesome Library and miss it sometimes. But, it is only a 30 minute drive from where I am now so I will still visit sometimes.
P.S. Groundhog Day is one of my fave movies!