Tuesday, January 22, 2013

War of the Poinsettias

What do you do with your poinsettias after Christmas?  At my day job we have 8 leftover poinsettias that we aren't quite sure what to do with.  I know that in the past people have either taken them home or thrown them away, but i can't quite bring myself to do either


Since the start of January we have been trying to figure out what to do with these plants, but mostly we wage a sort of war.  The last person to arrive for work ends up with them on their desk for the day.  Everyone in our department has been flower bombed and it is starting to get old.


My challenge to you, dear readers, is to come up with a list of the top 8 things to do with 8 leftover holiday plants after the holidays are over.  Here is my list:
  1. 8 pin bowling (where's my leftover pumpkin from Thanksgiving?).
  2. 8 piece checkers game.
  3. Wrap the pots in white and pink covers and call them Valentine's Day flowers.
  4. Line them up on the front of my desk as a barrier to hide behind, hope no one notices.
  5. Set them up in staggered patterns to create a miniature golf course.
  6. Drop them off on my the door steps of my neighbors as a REALLY late Christmas "neighbor gift".
  7. Start a poinsettia nursery in my kitchen.
  8. Drop them off at the DI.
Come on, it's your turn, dazzle me with your brilliant ideas.

No comments: