Saturday, January 05, 2013

What Should I Listen To?

I'm always on the look out of good music to listen to.  It doesn't have to be the newest trendiest thing out there, it can be an old classic...but if I haven't heard it I want to!  So my question to you is: What should I listen to?

That may seem like a difficult question to answer, but I have very eclectic musical tastes.  Here is a list of genres I enjoy:
  • Opera
  • Dixieland Jazz
  • Big band/swing
  • Blues
  • Classical
  • Soul
  • 50's rock/pop
  • 60's singer/songwriters
  • Classic rock from the 70's
  • Hair rock from the 80's
  • Glam rock
  • some Metal, but I'm picky
  • 80's pop (guilty pleasure what can I say)
  • Punk
  • Trad
  • Celtic rock
  • Folk and folk rock
  • Top 40
  • Bluegrass
  • Western
  • some Country, but I'm picky
And here's a list of musicians or bands that I really like (some I need to buy more cds since they've put out a lot of new stuff since I last when cd shopping, yes I still buy cds, I like to have a hard backup and I'm a dork and like liner notes) :
  • Mumford and Sons
  • First Aid Kit
  • She and Him
  • Fleet Foxes
  • Lumineers
  • Of Monsters and Men
  • Pink 
  • My Chemical Romance
  • The Trews
  • Kings of Leon
  • The Avett Brothers
  • Young Dubs
  • Gaelic Storm
  • The White Stripes
  • Arcade Fire
  • Strokes
  • Cowboy Mouth
  • Eve 6
  • Everclear
  • Collective Soul
  • Blue October
  • Stephen Kellogg and The Sixers
  • 3 Doors Down
So what albums have you listened to over and over again?  What new music is tickling your fancy right now?  What should I be putting in my ears?  Don't just give me a name, tell me why!

No comments: