Sunday, February 10, 2013

Burnin' For You

I have this Blue Oyster Cult song stuck in my head.



Last week I got a new fire bowl and had a few of my nieces and nephews over to test it out.  We roasted marshmallows and made s'mores.  When everyone was sufficiently smokey and sticky we went inside to wash up and watch a movie.  Here are some burnin' photos for you.
























I love that a little darkness, snow, and ice isn't a deterrent for fun with these kids.  Yes, I'll admit, I make cheater s'mores.  I like the Keebler fudge stripe cookies better than a Hershey bar with graham crackers, I'm lazy like that.

2 comments:

Abby (Diligent Joy) said...

I got one of these for Christmas and can't wait to use it. Keebler fudge cookies make great smores but I have to say that they can't hold a candle to Nutella ones. My cousin introduced me to Nutella Smores over the summer (graham cracker spread with nutella plus a marshmallow plus another graham cracker) and they were quite nearly life changing.

The Suzzzz said...

I like the nutella on graham crackers, but only when it there aren't kids. With small kids it gets kind of messy. You should try chocolate grahams with biscoff spread, that is also pretty yummy with toasted marshmallow.