Thursday, February 14, 2013

Center Street Grill


What can I say, it's a grill, and it's on Center Street.  Actually I can say a lot more, but it's difficult to know where to start, especially since I don't have a single bad thing to say about this place.  It has a fun and retro decor, convenient location, one of the largest soda fountain selections in the valley, and great food.  I kind of wish I could have eaten lunch there today, since this is what was on the menu for me today:


Don't be jealous that I am eating pudding and jello and yogurt and juice for all my meals, it really isn't all it is cracked up to be.  I miss meat and vegetables and bread  *sigh* a lot.

This is their wall of shame/fame for their eating challenge: Man V. Grill.
Last Thursday my friend A. and I stopped by the Center Street Grill on our lunch break and chowed down on the wonderment that is the cheesy steak sandwich.  I'd seen photos of this sandwich on CSG's facebook page and was chomping at the bit to try it out myself.


While we were waiting for our sandwiches, the staff brought us a basket of their new and experimental homestyle fresh cut fries to try.  We were each given a ballot to vote, but it was a tough call.  Both their regular fries and the fresh cut were good.  They both had different textures and seasonings so it was hard to judge straight across the board and our vote was split.


Then the sammiches came.  My friends, it was delicious....cheesy and oh so delicious.  I opted to substitute onion rings (all sandwiches come with chips or fries) for the fries and they were huge, and awesome, and had a slightly sweet flavor...almost like if an onion ring and a piece of corn bread had a delicious love child.


The sandwich has grilled onions, mushrooms, peppers, and spinach, along with steak and cheese, all on a chewy deli roll.  I only managed to eat half of mine and had the other half for lunch the next day, it reheated really well.  They also have a soup and salad bar that looked really fresh and promising as well.  I will definitely be back.  We could have easily split one sandwich with the fries and been satisfied for lunch.  I loved last Thursday's lunch, it was so much better than this Thursday's lunch, let's compare again, shall we?

NOT a cheesy steak sandwich.
I will trade you all my pudding and jello packs for just one CSG cheesy steak sandwich...anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?  *sigh* Fine, be that way.  If you want to find out more about Center Street Grill, please check out their facebook page here.

No comments: