Sunday, February 03, 2013

Christmas

I was scrolling through folders on the external hard drive where I store my photos and I came across the photos I took Christmas morning at my parents house.  I don't even know how to describe the chaos that is Christmas in my family.  It is a tornado of gift opening, breakfast, toys, games, noise, and people.  Usually we all roll in at our own pace throughout the morning and when everyone is there we take turns opening gifts and then eat a big breakfast.  After breakfast the kids play with their new toys...and the old standbys from my mother's "hideout" toy room, while the adults put a puzzle together or nap.  Then it is swimming in the indoor lap pool, more naps, and then more game playing.  It is crazy but in a good way.

He got a smart phone for Christmas.  When I was his age I didn't even know what a cell phone was.
Looking fabulous in her new out fit with her new nail art kit.
I asked if they were playing robin hood.  They didn't know who that was, apparently they are playing Hawkeye from "Abengers Assemble!".  This Christmas made me feel old.




Pillow says "I smile because you are my mother...I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it."  It is kind of true for all of us kids.
My little sister made this for the sibling gift exchange as the gift from her and her husband to our oldest brother and his wife.  I love her paintings and want one in my house!
The bows were too pretty to throw away so we just put them on the tree instead.


Instead of playing with his Christmas presents he ended up playing with a toy that is older than I am.


My mother chooses the most mind twistingly difficult puzzles.  Next year I'm bringing a Melissa & Doug board puzzle so we can actually finish it in one day.

Playing Spot It.  Great game no matter how young or old you are.
The Killer Bunnies crew.  I still have no idea how to play that game.
The breakfast carnage.

My Sister In Law teaching us all how to play Wipe out on their gaming system.
Don't compete against my brother in Wipe Out, he will win or die trying.
Little E was digging the dancing video game.
Some of the girls doing that Call Me song.
My nephew laughing at the dancers.
My nephew, BIL, brother, and other nephew being forced to be the dancers.  I think this was to a One Direction Song.

You can see a bit of their mad dance skills in the video below.  Let's just say I don't think they'll be winning dance offs any time soon.


No comments: