Saturday, February 23, 2013

Deep Thoughts - Or Maybe Not

Do you remember the old Saturday Night Live skit Deep Thoughts with Jack Handy?  I always looked forwarded to them.  This is my one of my favorites:
 "To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other."
 To this day I still laugh out loud when I hear that or tell it to someone.  I may not be Jack Handy but sometimes I have "Deep Thoughts", like so:
The other morning was bitterly cold outside.  To give myself a little fortification against the temperatures I decided to run my clothes in the dryer for a few minutes to warm myself up before leaving for work.  As I was putting my undergarments on I thought: "Mmmmmmm toasty".  As I put my top on I thought: "Mmmmmmmmm this was a great idea."  As I started to put my jeans on I thought Mmmmmmm warm, this was a brilliant idea" ...but when I went to button them up it quickly changed to "HOT RIVETS HOT RIVETS IT BURNS!!!"*sigh* So much for my brilliant idea.
  What are your deep thoughts?

1 comment:

slimegreen.me said...

Haha! I loved those! My favorite was, 'I can hear the crows calling my name, thought Caw.'
I get my modern day fix for this kind of humor with Jimmy Fallon's Thank You Notes.