Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Now this is what I call a Nook

To most people a nook is one of those e-reader tablet thingies.  My nook is a REAL nook with REAL books.



I think the best part is that there is no one around to complain if my blanket covers the heat vent and steals all the warmth.  I've been trying to stay in my library and read as long as I can, hoping it will help me sleep at night.  So far it is working.  The only downside is that I know next week I will be forced to leave my nook, my sweats, my blanket, and head back to work.

My brain is a bit addled at the moment and I know that I'd be hard pressed to recall anything I've read, but it isn't like I'm going to be tested, so I guess that's alright.

4 comments:

rings90 said...

I know that book, you kind of look like the Author of it. Well I think you do.

Enjoy your Nook. :-)

The Suzzzz said...

Yeah I really enjoy that series, I figured since I had down time and the latest installment is coming out this fall, I'd take the time to re-read all of them again.

Abby (Diligent Joy) said...

I think it was you who turned me on to the Outlander series. I've been reading it and it's great! I have had to take breaks in between books in order to slow myself down. Sometimes I get too into a series and read it in a matter of days/weeks and find that I can't remember much detail once I'm done. I'm just about to begin book five. I don't know if I like Claire yet or not but I love Jamie. Talk about a literary crush. He ranks right up there with Mr. Darcy and Neville Longbottom.

The Suzzzz said...

It took me a while to get into Outlander, and I wasn't sure what to make of some of the characters at first. I think for me the barrier to liking Claire was her exasperated sense of superiority.

I find myself more willing to be emotionally invested in the character when she shows some flaws and admits to her weaknesses. Perfect heroes or heroines never interest me, I like them to be a bit dark and to have struggles and admit failings.

As for Jamie, I don't think I've ever met anyone who's read the series that didn't bond with his character. He does set an extremely high bar in the husbandry department.