Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Sweetly Divine - Bigos Day

I stopped in to Sweetly Divine to try the bigos.  It was wonderful and everything that bigos should be...a warm, satisfying, and earthy medley of rich flavors.  The only way I can think to describe the flavor is by comparing it to a hearty french onion soup without the gruyere crouton, but that doesn't really do it justice.  If you aren't familiar with this dish it is a type of Polish stew and you can find out more about it here.

It wasn't just me eating this stew, my lovely friend H. stopped by and tried it, as did a quite a few other people apparently, because by 4pm Mark had completely sold out of bigos.  In order to get all the updates and daily specials, please like SWEETLY DIVINE on facebook.  Here are a few photos from lunch.  I got the bigos, a tomato and mozzarella salad on field greens, and a blueberry cupcake.






Cupcakes of the day were: red velvet, blueberry, peanut butter caramel, and coconut.
Mark's new line of freezer jams.
The pastry case had: pastry swans, blackberry raspberry cherry blueberry or lemon tarts, heaven on earth, cannolis, and creme brulee.
Sweetly Divine's signature jalapeno jellies, he now has 7 different varieties.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Love your photos, Suzanne! I miss Sweetly Divine. When we come up to the valley it's always on a Sunday, so I miss out!