Friday, March 08, 2013

Paco's

Paco's Mexican Food has been open since fall of 2012.  They are located in the former 10th Street Grill location at 642 N 1000 W. Ste 101.  They have a second location in Centerville.  They have an extensive menu and everything on it is priced under $8.  The dining room is all tables, no booths.  There are plenty of places to sit, but that being said, if you hit the lunch rush you may have to get your order to go, this place is popular.

Everything is fresh and cooked to order.  They are fast, friendly, and helpful.  The dining room is simply decorated and always clean.  The menu is huge and they have coke products on tap.  I've stopped by twice and had a decent experience both times.  The first time I had two carne asada tacos, the second time I tried the California burrito (which I've been told is their most popular menu item).

I really wanted to love this place, but I wouldn't go that far in describing it.  The food was good value for cost and served hot and fast, but it didn't really WOW me like some other places in town.  I know a few people who have raved about it, but to me it seemed like a cleaner, friendlier, slightly tastier version of Rancherito's (formerly Betos), which I have had mixed experiences with.

I do want to go back and try the carne asada fries which look similar to the mexicana cheese fries that I loved from the now closed Chilean restaurant.  So while I won't gush over this restaurant and heap it with hyperbolic praise and suggest you make a special trip to try it out, I will still recommend it for a quick bite to eat when you are in the area.

With the construction on 10th North the best way to find them is to head down 600 N. until you reach the complex, this is their sign out on 1000 N.
The drive through.
They do accept call in orders but they don't have to-go menus available so you have to know what you want ahead of time.  You can reach them at 435.787.8420



The daily specials board.

No comments: