Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pi Day - Parts 2 and 3

Sorry, it's taken me a week to get around to posting the photos from the rest of Pi Day.  After work I attended a Pi Day party at the fabulous Miss H.'s home.  There were several people from my LDS ward there and I think every single person brought at least one food contribution, some more than one.  My favorite pie of the evening was the gourmet blueberry/goat cheese pie.  K.'s peach pie and Miss H.'s pizzas were tied for second place.  Everything tasted as good, and better, than it looked and I ate way more than I should have.  I had a food hangover the next day.


My pumpkin cream pies.
German pizza, almost as interesting as Irish pizza.













I could have eaten this whole thing by myself, it was that good.






Someone, who shall remain nameless, turned the photo tables on me and snapped this photo when I set my camera down so I could fix myself a plate.  I'm posting it, because turn about is fair play and I can take it as well as dish it out!  I don't know why I'm doing T-Rex hands, sorry, it looks kind of creepy.

After the pie party I headed to my sister's house and tried to pawn my leftover pie off on my niece and her brothers.  My niece was too busy learning Chinese on the computer to pay pie much heed, but her brothers tucked in and made me proud.


All in all it was a pretty good Thursday and a really good Pi Day.  Thanks to everyone who participated, both with making and eating the food.

No comments: