Friday, April 26, 2013

USU Art Sales

The Printmaking Guild at USU is having its annual spring sale today.  It will be held in the Chase Fine Arts building in room FAV 106 from 10am to 7pm.  Go get some affordable original artwork and while you're there take a look at the art in the display cases in the hallway, even if you don't buy anything the browsing is highly entertaining.


If that weren't enough incentive to head up to campus, then this might help.  The USU Ceramics Guild is having its annual Mother's Day Sale today and tomorrow.  It is being held in the ceramics studio, FAV 123, from 9am to 8pm both days. 

If you know me, then you probably know that I've been supporting the USU Ceramics Guild Chili Bowl sale for years.  This is the first time I've made it to the spring sale and I was impressed at the variety.  They have bowls, plates, mugs, cups, platters, tea pots, spoon rests, butter trays, vases, urns, serving bowls, soup tureens, and more.


I stopped by the ceramics sale last night after the May Swenson Centennial Celebration (which was awesome, thanks for asking), and bought a few great pieces...probably more than I should but ALL YOUR PRETTY ARE BELONG TO ME!  Oops, sorry, don't know where that came from...MY PRECIOUS!  I'll stop now, but you should go up and start shopping.  Here are my new treasures.

I'm going to use this cup as a vase for my desk at work.

And I also got this piece by the same artist but with a cityscape instead of trees.  I like the juxtaposition of them next to each other...City and Country, side by side.

When I saw this teapot lined up next to several others by the same artist, it reminded me of the Mad Hatter's tea party in Alice In Wonderland.  I had to bring this little guy home with me.


I bought a soup tureen and two bowls to go with it.  I love making soup and some day I hope to have someone in my home to share my soups with, when that day comes this is what it will be served in.

No comments: