Monday, April 22, 2013

Watch Out Uruguay, Here She Comes!

My oldest niece, N.,  is going to be serving a mission in Uruguay for the LDS church (aka Mormons).  Last week she spoke in her church service and afterwards we had a big luncheon for everyone who came out to support her.  I'm going to miss her a lot during these next 18 months, but I'm so proud of her for having the courage to do it.  Here are the photos from her mission farewell lunch.


Mom and Y. hiding out in the kitchen, as per usual.


















My crazy-talented sister Hez made this amazing cake for our niece.  The suitcase layer was chocolate with a cream filling and the skirt and flag were vanilla with a caramel filling.  It tasted as good as it looked.






Deathy McDaredevil, aka N.'s mom, was scooping the homemade ice cream that my brother R. made.  His ice cream is almost as famous as Hez's cakes.





















My brother J. rockin' the diaper bag.
N. with her paternal grandparents
N. and some of her cousins from Idaho
N., her parents, and her brothers and sisters.

No comments: