Friday, April 05, 2013

Wind Caves

I went on my first real hike of the season recently.  My friend A. (you may remember her from this post) joined me for a hike after work.   We went to the Wind Caves trail, which I had been assured was snow and mud free.  My informants are in big trouble, the trail had several muddy and boggy patches and there were snow and icicles along the way.  The upside to the mud and snow was that this extremely popular trail was all but deserted, so we had it mostly to ourselves.








We got back to the car just before 8pm and met 3 college students who were just starting on the trail for a moonlight hike.  We tried to warn them about the mud, especially since one of them was wearing Tom's style slip on shoes that would not fare well in that terrain.  Their response?  One of the girls YOLO'ed us, and the girl that said it was being serious.

YOLO  *sigh* that acronym can go away now.

It was all I could do to not say "Only if you don't believe in reincarnation darling" or "Sure and you only die once too, enjoy your bone shattering fall to your untimely death when you trip and fall because of your unfortunate footwear honey". 

2 comments:

slimegreen.me said...

Beautiful!

The Suzzzz said...

It is and I'm so lucky to live so close to this canyon that is full of amazing hikes.

Friday morning I had a dream that someone had built a road over the top of the mountain down to the caves. They had then glassed them in and built a resort, swimming pool, gift shop, and visitor center and made it truly awful. Worst nightmare ever.