Wednesday, May 15, 2013

What's A Garbage?

A couple days ago my friend P. had a long layover at SLC and I drove down to see her and keep her company for a couple hours.  We drove to Liberty Park and had a picnic, then we visited Tracy Aviary, where I snapped this gem...


I had to stop and use the restroom and noticed this sign on the garbage bin by the sink.


#1 - I love that they felt like they had to define what trash was.
#2 - Doesn't the fourth item down in the first column pretty much sum up everything else that's on the list?  Redundant list is redundant.
#3 - Who they heck carts small appliances, batteries, ceramics, and dryer lint to a park...then pay an entrance fee to the aviary...to throw it away in the bathroom garbage can?  I can picture it now "Shoot the toaster died, guess I'll go to the park to throw it away."

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

There is probably a Tumblog of useless signs somewhere. I always smile when I see the "this is not a toy" stickers on toys...

Claire Lopez said...

That's a great list!

The Suzzzz said...

I'm thinking of making redundant lists like this for all sorts of objects at the financial institution that I work, just to see if people A) Notice B) Follow the instructions C) Complain. I enjoy baffling my coworkers.