Friday, May 10, 2013

Yet Again...

...my facebook friends remind me of how awesome they all are.  Observe:


Suzanne
I'm going to go out on a limb here and share a deeply personal and strongly held belief that some of you may find controversial: Sandwiches taste better when cut on the diagonal. Any other way of cutting a sandwich is OK, but it just doesn't taste as good. Hate me if you want, but this is my manifesto.
Like · ·
  • Mary Kay, Megan, Kristin and 11 others like this.
  • Chelsey  This is a true statement! Only way to go! I don't know how but somehow it really does change the taste! Funny story even when I make only a half, whether for me or Baylee I cut the piece of bread diagonally instead of just fold it over!
  • LuJean I like biting the corners of the triangles.
  • Rebecca I feel relief that someone has finally made it okay to talk about this in public. For years I've silently suffered at lunchtime. Rectangles aren't fung shui. Triangles. It's where it's at.
  • Suzanne Rectangles *shudder* or worse, "soldiers", both abominations in the church of sandwich...but I'm not judging if you like them *coughtotallyjudgingcough*.
  • Mary Kay I'm so happy it's not taboo to talk about this nowadays. Years ago I tried to start a movent on behalf of the triangle cut sandwiches. I called it M.F.C.C.S. (Mothers For Cross-Cut Sandwiches.) It didn't do so well. A few brave women joined, but then, one day in Macey's we were defeated. A lady demonstrating a new bread spread in the store cut the sandwich into rectangles. I asked her why and she told me that was the ONLY way. I felt shame and confusion. My brave friends quickly reverted back to slicing their sandwiches in to rectangles. Even my family and neighbors avoided me. Even strangers wouldn't look me in the eye. That's when we moved far away....to Smithfield. So you see, you have made me happy once again! Thank you for being so couragous!


2 comments:

Jonathan said...

I was just thinking about this today while making the kids their school lunches.

I have another theory - that beer tastes better out of the glass with the brand name printed on it.

The Suzzzz said...

I can't test out the beer theory as I don't drink, but I think fountain coke in a glass drinking container (especially it it is one of those curvy coke glasses) is much better than anything else.