Monday, June 03, 2013

A Little Patience

What does this look like to you?


If you answered a picnic table you're...well, you're right, but it is more than that.  It is a small victory.  for the last three years at work I've asked for a picnic table outside on the back lawn of our building, so that we can have a nice place to take a break when the weather is good.  Three years.  Seriously, what's wrong with me?


I started by simply asking for the table and got shot down the first two years.  Rookie mistake.  But I didn't give up, I changed my tactic.  I started asking for things like snuggies with the company logo on them, ridiculous paint colors and a chandelier for the ladies bathroom, designated nap times, a therapy pony, and other slightly insane requests.

When I finally got back around to the picnic table I think I'd worn them down and it must have seemed to them a perfectly reasonable expense in exchange for getting me to stop requesting things like hiring that monkey that rides the dog to deliver the mail to the different departments.



I wonder what my next crusade should be. Hmmmm...

No comments: