Friday, June 21, 2013

Talking Fruit

To start with, does anyone happen to remember this show from high school french class?



Ouis, c'est tres vrais, je suis un ananas.  C'est possible!  And then there's Swedish Chef.



We all know that everything on television, movies, and the internet is true, so obviously talking fruit and vegetables is a very real phenomenon.  But don't worry, they come in peace, I think.

My friend A. and I gave one of our co-workers a magic sock.  It was right around Christmas time and we decided this one fuzzy red sock should stay up all year round and magically get filled with things.  Things like candy, office supplies, clif bars, and other miscellaneous objects.

Earlier this week I had a ripe banana with me.  I didn't feel like eating it.  What's a girl to do?  Oh yeah, it went in the magic sock...along with this plastic skeleton that was left from a birthday celebration last week (oh you better believe there is going to be a post about that, just you wait).


In case you missed it, that was a banana with a lot to say.  Yes I am 5 years old, yes I do write secret messages on bananas, it's a thing...let's not make a big deal out of it.  Here's what it said.



Yesterday we were having a food day and I brought lemon cream fruit dip and some fruit to go with it.  I scratched "EAT ME" into one of the bananas.  It started an all out talking banana war.  Behold, the great banana conversation of 2013.





And then driving home from work I was stuck behind this Ragnar team SUV.


Which of course reminded me of this gorilla chasing a banana along Alii Drive in Kona during the 2012 Ironman World Championships.


Which in turn reminded me of the first photo I ever posted on this blog.


I'm beginning to think that I may have a banana problem.

No comments: