Monday, August 12, 2013

Sheldon's Quest For World Domination - Part 7

Sheldon is on the move again.  That boy doesn't stay in one place for long.  After his first attempts at vacationing it looks like he's finally found a spot that he likes.

"Dear Minions:

I've left the seaside and all the banal horrors that go with it, and not a minute too soon.  I decided to go to Jordan and visit Petra.  If I couldn't talk the "archaeologists" into doing things my way at least I can visit the setting of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.  Now there was an archaeologist who knew what he was doing!  The ancient city of Petra was vast and awe inspiring.  What was baffling was the lack of fedoras, nazis, and nights templar of any kind.  It appears the tourists have chased them all off.

After Petra I traveled to the ancient Roman city of Jerash and viewed the sights.  One of the ruins was the hippodrome (or circus if you will), we didn't manage to catch the races but you can see them for yourself here.

I've decided I have had enough of the ancient world and crave the modern comforts of home.  Next stop, the good new United States of America.

Sincerely,

Dr. Sheldon Cooper, MSc, PHD"





No comments: