Sunday, August 04, 2013

Watermelon Fail

July 24th is a state holiday here in Utah.  It is called Pioneer Day and a lot of businesses shut down so that people can spend the day at parades, festivals, barbeques, or just hanging out with their loved ones.  My family gets together and we drive some of my dad's antique cars in our hometown parade and then we have lunch and do something fun.

In past years my oldest brother in law has tried various experiments (diet coke and mentos, etc.), this year I wanted to try this.



So we got a little watermelon and some rubbery bands and got started.  This is what it looked like when we ran out of rubber bands.


We vowed to get more rubber bands and finish it off later.  Unfortunately we all flaked it and forgot to bring any more rubber bands, and so my mother put this watermelon in her fridge.  It has been in there for a week and a half.  I'm going to check on it tonight (if I remember) and finish it off with more rubber bands (if it hasn't already met its demise in the fridge).

No comments: