Thursday, September 26, 2013

First Snow

Yesterday we saw the first snow of the season.  It was just a light dusting high on the mountains, but it's heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere.  Welcome sweater weather, I've missed you.




Tuesday when I saw the storm clouds rolling in, I went home and made boeuf bourguignon and set it in the fridge for the flavors to develop over night.  It was definitely a welcome treat last night.





I love that there is a box of Jiffy photobombing my ingredients.


I don't have any finished photos because my food is either one of two things: 1 - Ugly as sin but tastes delicious 2 - Beautiful but just ok in taste.  This stew definitely fell into the first category and was perfect over rosemary mashed potatoes served with a lovely artisan baguette from Lee's.

I also managed to get in a little retail therapy at one of my favorite local shops, the Persian Peacock.  While a lot of people know them as a one stop shop for all your bachelorette party and "marital aid" needs, they also carry cute vintage clothes, graphic tees, and awesome jewelry.  I picked up a vintage dress to wear to a friend's wedding next month, a sriracha t-shirt, and some awesome earrings.

This is ironic because I've had sriracha on my shopping list for 2 weeks now and I still don't have a bottle of it in my pantry.

No comments: