Sunday, September 01, 2013

Free To A Good Home

Guys, I never thought I'd say this, but I'm all peppered out.  These peppers are leftover from salsa making yesterday.  If you want them and you live in the Logan, UT area, they're yours, just leave a comment with your email address and I'll send you the instructions on where you can pick them up.


I can't see bell peppers without thinking back to my History of Photography class at USU.  It was where I discovered one of my favorite photographers, Edward Weston.  He was known for his fine art black and white photography and has a very striking and famous photograph of a pepper, you can see it here.


I am no Ed Weston but I love the sculptural beauty of bell peppers, so I thought as long as I have them I'll take a couple quick photos.  I'm really glad I never went through with turning my antique washing machine into a flower planter, it makes a perfect backdrop for photographing food.


I love the beauty of every day objects and I LOVE my CanonXTi and Canon 50mm 1:14 lens for letting me capture it.  I'm still extremely grateful to my brother D. and his family for their generous gift of this camera and I feel very blessed every time I use it.


No comments: