Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Just Peachy

I know Georgia is famous for peaches, but the peaches here in Utah are fabulous too.  My favorite peach variety is Flamin' Fury, but I'll take any fresh peach I can get.  Yesterday morning I went with my mother, aunt, and cousin to pick peaches for bottling.  The orchard that we went to was in Brigham City on 800W and about 1600 S.

I found these random rows of peppers in between some of the fruit trees.  If he's got an onion bed stashed around there somewhere it would be a one stop shop for all your peach salsa needs.










4 people + 2 hours = 18 cartons of peaches, roughly the equivalent of 21 half bushel baskets full.  The van smelled amazing.  The first thing I did after getting home was to make myself a peach freeze.  This is 3 scoops of ice cream, 2 whole peaches (peeled and pitted), and half a can of lemon lime soda.  I like shakes and smoothies, but I find freeze a little easier to drink and not as heavy or overly rich.


Tonight I plan on making peach, tomato, mozzarella, and basil pizza for dinner.  What's your favorite fresh peach recipe?

No comments: