Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sheldon's Quest For World Domination - Part 9

It looks like the Middle East and Europe survived Sheldon's latest sojourn.  He is now working his way through the great state of Pennsylvania.

Dear Minions:

Apparently the entire Physics departments at University of Pittsburgh has gone on sabbatical, or at least that's what I've been told.  Although, when I stopped by early last week I could of sworn I heard whispering going on behind the locked doors of the department.  It must of have been the janitors I guess. 

I was however welcomed with open arms by Dr. Freddie Fu and Dr. Chris Harner (President of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine).  I immediately set to work learning the Double Bundle knee surgery to see if I could improve on Dr. Fu's technique, but to my dismay the patient never arrived.  The nerve of some sick people, just getting up and leaving the hospital because they don't like the doctor performing the procedure.







In my exploration of the great city of Pittsburgh I some how managed to venture into the realm of Pennsic with members of the local Society for Creative Anachronism...boy when they say anachronism there is truth in advertising.  Why a Japanese Samurai in a medieval English encampment?  I never saw such a thing in my life, but they were a jovial bunch.  There was much quaffing and carousing and even a few pitched battles, it was all great fun.  









As my friend Howard would say "Renaissance fairs aren’t about historical accuracy. They’re about taking chubby girls who work at Kinko’s and lacing them up in corsets so tight their bosom jumps out and says howdy."










My only regret is that I did not think to pack my Spock outfit.  I felt like such a fool just showing up in my 21st century civilian clothes, but in retrospect that could be considered anachronistic as well. 

Sincerely,

Dr. Sheldon Cooper, MSc, PHD"

No comments: