Friday, September 13, 2013

Signs I'm Turning Into My Mother.

It seems like everyone who shops at Sam's Club ends up referring to it as the "$100 Store", as in "you can't make it out the doors without spending $100".  I'm usually proud of myself when I can keep a shopping trip there under $100, but today I kind of want to frame my receipt.


Not only is this the least amount of money that I've ever spent at Sam's Club, they tried to charge me double for it in the first place.  I had to have five 4x6 photo prints made but they charged me for ten.  I pointed this out at the register and the cashier tried to change the price but wasn't able to.  Then he took me over to the customer service counter and tried to change it there.

As you can see, it took a few tries to get it right.  I'm beginning to wonder if the 10 minutes it took to check out were worth it, but gosh darn it when you're broke $0.80 is worth saving if you can...that and it was just 10 minutes I would have spent narcotizing the pain in my soul by looking at cat memes on the internet so the time wasn't worth that much to begin with.

The real kicker is that they wouldn't let me pay in cash, it reminded me of a backwards version of the cab scene from Thoroughly Modern Millie where Mary Tyler Moore's character tries to pay the driver with a check.  If you don't want to watch the whole clip just start watching at 6:40.



"Ain't every day you meet a Vanderbilt AND a Rockefeller."  Unless I come up with a better plan, I think I'll stay home and watch that movie tonight.

No comments: