Thursday, October 17, 2013

EARTHQUAKE!

Hyrum, UT experienced an earthquake today.  Did you feel it?  Yeah neither did 99% of the population of the valley, don't feel bad.  I felt my chair roll a little and wrote it off as vibrations from a nearby construction site, but when I looked out the door the construction was stopped for the day.  So I checked the handy dandy earthquake map at usgs.gov and low and behold...

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/

The last time the valley had an earthquake I was at work and felt my chair move.  I asked people if they felt something and they all thought I was crazy until it showed up on the geological survey site.  I only feel marginally less crazy now that I've been validated a second time.

It's been less than 24 hours and there is already a meme:


Oh Cache Valley, you so crazy.

No comments: