Thursday, October 03, 2013

Wall O' Shame

The other night I decided to procrastinate my fall to-do list and do something frivolous.  I created a wall of shame in my yard with the license plates of the last three cars I killed.  I will never live down my reputation as a grim reaper of automobiles.  In my defense all of these vehicles had more than 250,000 miles on them when they died, and I always kept up on thorough regular maintenance and repairs.  I don't abuse vehicles, but I do expect them to work when I take good care of them, and I expect them to last until at least 250k miles.


I also finally hung the the old damaged highway sign (bullet holes, scrapes, dents, and rust...you know, character) that my dad bought at a yard sale a couple decades ago.  It has just been sitting in their garage ever since, I finally took it with me and hung it up.


My favorite part is how shocked the highway sign looks.  I think that's an appropriate reaction for a Utah beehive with 69 on it's face.  It's like I can almost hear it saying "Oh My!".  It makes me laugh every time I look at it.  One would think that of all the states in the union that you would expect to avoid the number 69 on official signs, Utah would be at the top of the list.

"Oh NO Mr. Bill!"
I also hung up my Halloween door hangers and had to find a place for my wreath from the wonderful Lyle Dabb the "Wreath Guy", so I put it on the other side of the yard.


My to-do list is getting longer but I'm accomplishing the heck out of my stuff to do to avoid doing real stuff list.  Why do today what you can put off doing until tomorrow?

No comments: