Saturday, November 23, 2013

Roses

I've been doing all the winterizing things that one does around a home.  Had the house treated for insects, removed and stored my window screens, put away all the gardening equipment, etc.  Today I am packing straw around my outdoor plants to insulate them.  One of my roses is still blooming...it is November 23rd, Thanksgiving is less than a week away, and we've had hard freezes on a fairly regular basis since October.  It is one hardy rose, and it smells divine.  This is a totally unpaid for and unsolicited plug, the rose is called Tropicana and is a Jackson & Perkins hybrid tea rose, just in case you want one for your garden.

It's been touched by the frost, but it is still beautiful to me.


“God gave us memory so that we might have roses in December.” ~J.M. Barrie

No comments: