Sunday, December 15, 2013

Fail

I am not a morning person.  I get up early for work, and I wake up early even on the weekends, granted on the weekends I like to stay in bed reading after I've woken up.  But I don't really function properly until after 10 am or so, even if I get 8 hours of sleep.  If you know me at all you know that I tend to be sullen and short tempered in the mornings, this morning was no exception.

This morning Molly the Wonder Dog was waiting patiently next to my bed, begging to go out but being a good girl and not jumping on the bed or making too much noise.  Then my phone rang...6:30 AM...on a Sunday.  I looked at the caller ID but didn't recognize the number, and then said (OK almost shouted) "GET BACK FOUL BEAST!" and tossed it on the bedside table.

Before the phone had even hit the nightstand MWD was hightailing it out of the room and down the stairs.  She thought I was yelling at her.  When I put my glasses on and went after her, I found her hiding behind the recliner, moping.


It's now 7:30 AM and she is still refusing to come out from behind the chair or even look at me.  Not even to go outside or to eat breakfast.  If you know Molly you know that she NEVER misses a chance to go outside and she NEVER EVER passes up food.  She is genuinely hurt.

I feel like a total heel for yelling at an inanimate object and accidentally scaring MWD into thinking I was unhappy with her.  It has been a good reminder that it's never OK to lose your cool, even when you think no one is watching.  Now, anyone have any suggestions for getting her out of her hiding spot?

2 comments:

Jenna Roy said...

Aw shame! Poor Molly! Maybe go hide in the corner with her and give her cuddle?

You should have answered the phone and said,'it's done, but there's blood everywhere'

Teehehehe

The Suzzzz said...

...and that's why we're friends. Don't ever change Jenna.