Friday, December 20, 2013

Let It Snow

I was in Logan canyon a few weeks ago to scout for fun places to take family photos for a friend.  I was walking through Guinavah-Malibu campground in the snow, enjoying the first real scenes of winter in the canyon.  I took the following photos with my point and shoot camera.  It has a function that takes 2 photos back to back, one with natural light and one with a flash, then you can choose which you like better.  I turned it to that mode and these are the results.

















I love the effect the flash had on the falling snow.






















































This building that I was taking photos around is an old amphitheatre that was built by the civilian conservation corps during the depression.  I wish someone would start doing actual productions here in the summer...Shakespeare, sketch comedy, dance...something!  It is in such a gorgeous setting.

"Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your earmuffs!"  The view from the stage.
Entrance to the dressing room area under the stage.

Here are a few shots I took the following week of my friend's family.








I'm sad that fall is gone, but now that winter is here to stay, I say BRING ON THE SNOW!  We finally have enough to go on a snowshoe hike, keep it coming. 

No comments: