Monday, December 30, 2013

More Catch Up

I was sorting my photos into folders tonight.  Then moving those folders into bigger folders divided up by year.  I was also trying to make sure that there were names and dates attached to these folders so that when I look at them years from now, I know who and what I'm looking at.

The reason why this matters?  My father has boxes and boxes and BOXES of old negatives he took from childhood through his time in the service.  The photos kind of peter out around the 1950s, but trust me, there's a ton.  The negatives aren't really organized, most of them don't have prints to go along with them, and hardly any of them are labelled.  Trying to find anything specific is tough.  If someone ever has to claw their way through my digital files I at least want to try and give them a road map.

In all this sorting I found a whole folder of photos that I had put aside, meaning to edit them, and had forgotten about.  Pictures from my niece K's birthday party a few months ago.  I don't know what it is about kids birthday parties at my parents house, but there is always at least 1 or 2 photos in the bunch that I fall in love with.  Like this one from earlier this year.


Don't get me wrong I like a lot of my photos and there are other photos that may have better technique or framing, but there is something about kids having fun and that moment where one of them slows down and is just still for a moment, that makes a photo that gets me every time.  There were a couple of those in this batch.










































No comments: