Thursday, January 02, 2014

I'm kind of cheating on her...with winter

"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal", is what this face says...


Any time I start digging in my closet for outdoors gear, Molly the Wonder Dog gets really excited.  Then I leave to go ice skating or skiing or snowshoeing and I leave her home alone.  And she pouts, a lot.




Yesterday I went ice skating for the first time this year.  I was pretty excited to go because I've been fairly sedentary so far this winter, and I really need to get off my duff and get a little exercise and some not so fresh inversion fresh air.


This is how I found her when I came home from the rink.


To make matters worse, I forgot about the fireworks on NYE.  I got home around 11pm and she was hiding behind the recliner because I'd forgotten to leave a blanket out in her usually spot for her to hide under.  Molly the Wonder Dog, like most dogs, hate fireworks.  This summer I left a blanket where she could get at it, and if someone was lighting fireworks off nearby, she would walk under the blanket, dragging it over herself, and then crawl under my computer chair.  Here, let me show you.




This is related to my "blanket theory".  If she can't find a blanket to hide under, she pulls up the edges of the rag rug in the kitchen and makes a nest, which she then lays in the middle of.


It's quite possible that my dog needs more therapy than I do.

1 comment:

Cassandra Louise said...

Your dog is adorable! That face! My heart of stone has been softened and is now ineffective for it's intended purpose.
If it snowed here, I'm pretty sure I would never be home ever, so at least you see her sometimes. ;-)